Monday, June 18, 2012

Corned Beef 'Noodle' Casserole

At our house, we loves us some corned beef and cabbage.  On P10, we are supposed to step away from the nitrate laden meat and enjoy fresher healthier choices.  I made this with canned corned beef but once I started typing this post, I realized that was probably the worst choice (again-don't be like me).  Next time I make this I'll use real corned beef from the deli - and yes, I know that's not perfect either but it's waaaay better than the canned stuff.  I got this recipe from Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal blog.

I made some Dark Rye Buns to go with it.

Print Maria's recipe:   Corned Beef “Noodle” Casserole




Corned Beef “Noodle” Casserole
makes 6 servings

1 large head of cabbage
12 ounces cooked corned beef
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup beef broth
4 ounces freshly shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion

Prepare a crockpot by lightly greasing the outside OR preheat oven to 350.

Slice the head of cabbage into long noodle-like strips. Boil the cabbage “noodles” for 5 minutes, drain well.

Combine “noodles”, corned beef, cheese, cream cheese, broth and onion.

Pour into the crockpot or a 2 quart casserole dish.

Let cook on low in the crockpot for 6 hours or bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment