Wednesday, September 5, 2012

California Chicken

Thanks to whichever one of you ladies who posted a link to this recipe on the Facebook page.  I finally got a chance to try it and it was a hit.  I served it alongside Tamari Green Beans.  Please don't snicker at the picture I took, I only had two chicken breasts so I cut each of them in half and it looks teeny...yours will be lovely, I promise.


California Chicken
makes 4 servings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 onion, sliced
salt and pepper
2 avocados - peeled, pitted and sliced
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, sliced (or shredded)

Preheat oven to 350.

Pound chicken breasts evenly flat.  Warm oil in skillet and add chicken and onion.

Cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is browned and just about done. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Place chicken on cookie sheet and top each breast with 1 to 2 slices of tomato and 2 to 3 slices of cheese. Place in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese melts. Remove from oven, add 2 to 3 slices of avocado on top of each breast, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment