Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hard Baked Eggs

Yes, you read that right...baked...yes, as in the oven...yes, with the shell on and everything.  I saw a random post with someone asking about how to do that and several people chiming in on how they do that!  I was blown away because I had never ever thought of doing that before.  But you know what?  It was totally easy and the eggs were great!

I always worry that hard boiled eggs will be underdone so I boil the heck out of them and usually get a dry yolk so I've never really liked eating just plain hard boiled eggs.  These however, were moist and worth eating and the best part was, I just threw them in there while I was making dinner so it didn't take a lot of extra effort. 

But do remember this - eggs fresh from the store will not peel well, try to use eggs that you've had a few days and they'll be easier to peel.

Here's what I did:

Hard Baked Eggs
makes 8 servings

8 large eggs (room temperature is best)
muffin pan or baking sheet

Preheat oven to 350.  Put the eggs in the muffin pan OR lay them directly on the rack and put the baking sheet beneath them just in case they break.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.  If you put the eggs in cold they might need that few extra minutes.

When the eggs are done fill a large bowl of ice/cold water and move the eggs into the bowl.

Peel as soon as they are cool enough to handle then return to the ice water to thoroughly chill OR leave them unpeeled and store for later use.  Just make sure they're cooled down before you refrigerate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment