Friday, August 9, 2013

Blender Eggs (Bleggs)

Sometimes I make my eggs 'pancake style'
this version is with flax meal
 
My Bubba calls these ‘Grinch eggs’ and he won’t even try them!  This would be fun to make for your kids and you can call it ‘green eggs and ham’ and you can get a lot of veggies into them this way. 

 There’s really no set and special recipe for this, I was messing around with my NutriBullet and decided to try this out.  And since I have eggs for breakfast pretty much every day (I love ‘em) this was a quick and easy way to get lots of healthy boosters into my breakfast.  If you don’t have flax seeds, use chia or whatever you have on hand.  This is also a good way to sneak boosters like Spirulina into your own food – very healthy and great benefits!

My favorite way to eat them is with Greek yogurt and avocado on top.  Oh yes, and a nice grind of Himalayan pink sea salt is really good too!

Share ideas!  Leave a comment below with some ideas of what YOU would put in your bleggs…

 
Blender Eggs (Bleggs)
makes 1 large serving

2 eggs
handful of green veggies or a mix of them - like spinach, broccoli, kale, etc.
this one is spinach with chia seed gel
1 teaspoon of Spirulina or maca powder, whatever you’ve got
1-2 tablespoons of chia or flax seeds
toppings:  Greek yogurt, salsa, avocado, whatever sounds good to you
 
Add ingredients to blender, blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth.

Melt butter in skillet, pour in the egg mixture and cook the way you like them.

Serve with toppings (healthy, of course) of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment