Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New You!

Exactly one year ago today, January 7, 2012 – I started The Perfect 10 Diet.  What a journey, what a time of learning and growing (mentally, not physically!) and mostly, finding out what works for me and what doesn’t. 


I’m far from done.  During 2012 I lost 28 pounds following The Perfect 10 Diet and I would like to keep losing.  No, I didn’t do it perfectly – the scale went up and down along with the rest of my life.  As you may have figured out by now, P10 is not a quick fix instant cure-all.  It took a while to put the weight on and it’ll take a while to take it back off.    BUT – this is the best, healthiest and least complicated lifestyle I’ve ever tried.  And even when you’re not 100% following P10 it’s with you in the back of your head for good – now that you know WHAT you know, it’ll stick with you.  

For those who don’t know much about me, let me share.  I’m a regular person.  I work 40+ hours a week as an Executive Assistant/Office Manager for a very small but extremely busy office.  I’m not in advertising, I’m not a dietician, a doctor or an expert on anything.  I started the blog because so many of us wanted some guidance on what to eat and what to try and how to make the P10 diet work for us.  I’m going through a serious case of ‘blog envy’ right now.  There are many bloggers I follow who are lucky enough to work at home, on their blogs, experimenting with recipes and getting extra education about nutrition and all that fun happy stuff.  Their blogs rock hardcore and I am happy that they are able to do this because they are able to find out the info that I don’t have the time or energy to do.  I really wish I could do more for all of you.  You’re just gonna have to put up with my best efforts and hang in there with me.  I'm not cooking all the time now so I don't have as much to share - so send me some recipes you'd like for me to post!

If you’re still with me, let’s review:

What have I lost?
1.  weight;
2.  midnight snacking;
3.  bad complexion;
4.  insomnia;
5.  feeling constantly exhausted;
6.  feeling continually emotional and depressed; and
7.  I’ve stopped wanting to throw rocks at skinny people.

What have I gained?
1.  a new respect for food and what’s in it;
2.  an appreciation for working out and how necessary it is to do;
3.  a great night’s sleep;
4.  energy to get stuff done and energy leftover to do fun stuff;
5.  a new appreciation for taking care of myself;
6.  a steady, calm positive attitude; and
7.  bruises from having strangers throwing rocks at me (what’s that all about?)

So…Happy New Me!   Happy New You!  - HAPPY NEW US!

If you get started now you can look back in a year and say ‘look how far I’ve come’.
On my cell phone I have a picture I took on the evening of January 6, 2012…I told myself that would be the last picture in which I’d ever look like that.  I look at it once in a while and remember what it felt like and I don’t want to feel like that ever again. 

The Perfect 10 Diet won’t make you a supermodel, you won’t magically grow cornrows and look like Bo Derek – but you WILL, you WILL, you WILL feel better – and it is very much worth it to keep going, get back on it and try again. 

ONE MORE THING – something else I’ve gained while following The Perfect 10 Diet – getting to know and work together with all of you!  Thanks for your questions and discussions and hanging in there with me as we go through this together.

So, leave a comment – HOW FAR HAVE YOU COME on your P10 journey? 
And don’t forget to join us on The Perfect 10 Diet Recipes Facebook Page.



6 comments:

  1. Joley, love your blog. I, like you, fell in love with P10 the minute I read it. I am wishing you the healthiest 2013 and continued success with the P10 lifestyle for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joley, I, too, started Jan of 2012 I have lost 50 lbs.and I am still on my journey and I will never give up. If I mess up them I will restart if I mess up again I will restart again I will never give up because I Assn worth it...love ya sister friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...where the heck was the spell check??????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joley, I, too, started Jan of 2012 I have lost 50 lbs.and I am still on my journey and I will never give up. If I mess up them I will restart if I mess up again I will restart again I will never give up because I Assn worth it...love ya sister friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joley, I, too, started Jan of 2012 I have lost 50 lbs.and I am still on my journey and I will never give up. If I mess up them I will restart if I mess up again I will restart again I will never give up because I Assn worth it...love ya sister friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't start until April last year but by the end of August I was at my target weight and feeling wonderful. I am 65 years old and had believed that it was nearly impossible to lose weight after 40! I got "the book" free on my ipad in early 2012 and was hooked from the moment I started it. It made sense and looked like a lifestyle I could adhere to. By April I was ready to give up sugar and artificial sweeteners, 2 of my biggest problems. Until Thanksgiving I rarely cheated, then came the holidays. I still ate better and made better choices for the most part, but I did eat those special Christmas treats and still want more, but I'm getting a handle on it and will wait until next Christmas before I indulge again! I have decided that another 8 pounds won't cause me to look too old, so I'm shooting for 159 by 2/29! (I know, I know!) I work in a pediatric office and our moms have complimented me and assure me that I don't look anywhere near my age, so here's to another 8 pounds. Today I shoveled our sidewalks (double lot) and the walk to the house for the mailman, the path to the birdfeeders and the back walk to the garage...in less than half an hour, with no rest breaks and feel great! It never could have happened 40 pounds ago!
    PS Love your blog! Keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete