Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Berry Good!


One of the questions I see the most on the P10 Facebook page is “where can I get recipes?”
I find my inspiration by looking for low-carb or vegetarian recipes and modifying them for the P10 program.  I also used to be a member of “Eight-way Atchers-Way” and I have a lot of recipes from that time that can also be used as P10 recipes, once properly modified.
I will also strive to make sure that any recipe I post is a recipe that I have previously tried.
I have two HUGE three ring binders at home filled with my recipe collections. 
This is a lovely, easy dessert and definitely one you can make for everyone. 
And this recipe would work just fine for any berry you wish to use - blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
 

Strawberries and Sweet Cream
makes 5 servings

16 oz. strawberries, washed and cut
4 oz. full fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 packets of truvia, stevia
    or 2 teaspoons of agave

Combine sour cream and about HALF of the sweetener.  Taste and see if that’s how you like it or if you want to add a little more sweetener.  It’s always easier to add than subtract when it comes to flavor.
Put five strawberries in each glass and drizzle each with 2 tablespoons of cream sauce.
Simple, yet elegant  - serve this in a champagne or martini glass with a mint leaf for extra ‘ooomph’

Each serving is 1 serving of fruit and about a 1/2 serving of fat and/or dairy.


No comments:

Post a Comment