Sunday, February 26, 2012

Creamy Sesame Greens


This was an interesting dish.  Tahini is a strong flavor so I think if you like the taste of hummus you would like this dish.  I got this from the Whole Foods website and I altered the recipe a bit once I read the comments below it.

Someone suggested that if you add a can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) to this recipe it would taste like deconstructed hummus.  Another suggestion was to serve it over quinoa.  I'm going to try both suggestions next time I make it.

I got the tahini sauce at Trader Joe's.  I looked all over the place and that's the only store that had it.  And of course, as soon as I found it, it showed up in all the other stores I went into...sigh.  But Trader Joe's also had a bag of chopped kale ready to go so that was nice.



Creamy Sesame Greens
Serves 2

4 tablespoons water, divided

6 cups chopped kale, Swiss chard or collard greens, tough stems removed

2 tablespoons tahini

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped


Heat 2 tablespoons water in a large skillet over medium heat. Add greens and cook, tossing occasionally, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain well.

In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons water and garlic.

Put hot greens in a large bowl and drizzle some of the sauce, toss to combine and TASTE.  If you're good with the flavor, stop.  If you want more, drizzle, toss and taste again.  Serve immediately.

1/2 cup serving = 1 veggie serving

No comments:

Post a Comment