Monday, April 2, 2012

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)

When I noticed this recipe, I wasn’t sure…until someone said ‘it tastes like a croissant’ and then I just about came unglued (trigger food for me).  Could it be?  This would be so awesome if it works…so I decided to give them a try.  Three simple ingredients and gluten free?  Sign me up.

Mine didn't taste like a croissant but that's because I didn't put any sweet or savory seasonings in this first batch.  They are very soft and can get mushy unless stored properly.

Of all the tips I read, the most important one is - don't eat yellow snow...wait...oh yeah, make sure the egg whites are completely whipped.  You'll know they are done when you can turn the bowl sideways/upside down and they stay in there. 

The recipe is the brainchild of Jamie Van Eaton, she created them by accident when she messed up another recipe (hence the name...sure glad she didn't call them Oh Crap Rolls).  Please go to www.yourlighterside.com  to check out her low-carb website and then go crazy over all the neat recipes. 

Per Jamie's request, please follow this direct link to the Oopsie Roll recipe: http://yourlighterside.com/gluten-free-low-carb-buns-aka-oopsie-rolls/

She also has many different versions of the roll available to use in other recipes as well:


Also, in case you miss it, she offers some tips on making these rolls for those of us who might not be familiar with working with eggs whites or baking:  http://yourlighterside.com/tips-for-trouble-free-oopsie-rolls/

Jamie has asked that if you repost her recipe, please don’t copy and re-post it, but rather include links to her site to respect her rights.  BUT she did say you could pin it to your Pinterest – so go for it!  I’d do that if I had any idea how to use Pinterest but it’s got me all confused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment