Monday, July 16, 2012

Bowl Tacos

This is an accidental recipe.  You know, the kind where you get home and you just throw a bunch of stuff together because maybe you're just a bit tired of putting things on greens and calling that dinner.  Sorry I don't have a picture - we were tired and hungry and ate it much too fast!

I had made a Crockpot Roast Chicken the day before so there was still plenty of that to go around and needed to be used up before we went on vacation.  So I just looked in the fridge and pantry and threw this together.  You can adjust it any way you want, depending on what other taco fixins you like.

Bowl Tacos
serves 2

1 can refried beans (I like Rosarita's vegetarian)
taco seasoning
large handful (about a cup) of cooked shredded chicken
cheddar cheese
salsa
sour cream

You'll need two microwave safe bowls.  Scoop about 1 cup of beans into each bowl, cover with a paper towel and heat in microwave until warm.  Remove from microwave and stir in taco seasoning to taste and mix in the chicken.  Return to micro for about another minute or two to warm up, remove and top with cheese.  I put a lid over the bowl to make the cheese melt.  Top with salsa and sour cream and serve.

Now that I'm typing this I realize I could have added any or all of the following:
olives, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, or avocado.  So maybe you could think of that ahead of time and learn from me.

PS:  I really wouldn't have put olives in them though 'cause we all hate them....

PPS:  I just now figured out that this recipe is essentially a bowl of taco dip....but what the heck - it's still good for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment