Friday, May 4, 2012

Almond Butter & Chocolate Yogurt


I found this recipe while I was hanging out over at Wifezilla's Way.  I love the intro on her blog: 

"Roaring about health and weight loss while stomping around the internet crushing things with my giant lizard feet."
I know, I know, you're supposed to mix fruit with yogurt, yada yada yada, but to be honest, I don't much care for that.  Greek yogurt is SO good for you and all that jazz....and then I buy Greek yogurt and stare at it for several weeks and then have to throw most of it out.  Now, I have to keep buying more to eat this wonderful treat!  It's both a breakfast and a dessert.  You could add a shot of protein powder as well.  This is very filling and really helps kill cravings for something fatty and sweet.

Link to original recipe:  Almond Butter & Chocolate Yogurt

Almond Butter & Chocolate Yogurt

1 cup full fat Greek style or plain yogurt
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons natural, unsweetened almond butter
sweetener of choice (I used two packets of Truvia)

Stir everything together and enjoy! If you have time, throw the bowl in the freezer for a few minutes to make it even thicker.


I'm embarrassed to say that I ate it before I took a picture so I borrowed this one...




2 comments:

  1. I tried this tonight. It tasted very good; I did put it in the freezer as suggested. I don't have much of a sweet tooth (other than red wine, lol), so I didn't need to use any sweetener. I added a dribble of whipping cream to help mix everything together. Will definitely use this idea often, even if it's just a couple of tablespoons after lunch or dinner with a couple of sections of orange to round out the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though you have eaten it before taking the photo, it still looks delicious.=)

    ReplyDelete