Friday, May 18, 2012

Pepperitas!!

The other night Bubba was trying to think of what to put in his lunch for the next day.  I hadn't made any bread he could use and he was tired of lettuce wraps.  He doesn't have a lot of time for lunch so he prefers to eat something easy and sandwich-like.


Well, lo and behold, I had a lightning flash and this cute little idea was born.  I'm sure someone else somewhere has already thought of it and done it but darnit - I'm proud of this right now and he really liked the idea and enjoyed his lunch.  

I couldn't think of a cute name so I'm calling them Pepperitas....

You'll need a bag of these - sweet mini peppers - they fit in the palm of your hand:


 And, whatever you prefer as a filling - here are some ideas to get you started....

- cream cheese and veggies
- slices of meat and cheese
- chicken salad
- tuna salad
- what else sounds good to you?

Slice off the top of the pepper and shake out the seeds, then fill with whatever you'd like.

We wrapped them in foil so the toppings wouldn't fall out and they made a great lunch - but you could make these into a snack or an appetizer.

What do you think?




These contain: cabbage and veggies; turkey, cheese and almonds; and chicken salad

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm a huge fan of homemade pimento cheese. It would be yummy in there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joley I am having a great time with you and the other ladies...loving our p 10 life....thanks for the blog...peace and joy God Bless you dear

    ReplyDelete