Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chile Cheese Quiche


photo courtesy of Andrea Meyers
I've had this recipe for years - I got it from my boss, who had served it at a lovely brunch buffet at her house in Westwood.  I remember it vividly, the Ferraro Rocher candy tower, the lovely quiches, fruit and cheeses, and....the strawberry stain The Kid left on her white couch (she was only two at the time and our sitter had dropped out last minute...I should have known better).   And I remember thinking 'this is what rich people have for breakfast'....

I know many of you are tired of eggs - scrambled, over easy, over hard, etc. for breakfast.  Even I, who love eggs sometimes get a bit exhausted trying to think about how to make them again but in still a different way.  So while this recipe contains eggs, you will not be obligated to fry them up in a pan so you can have your eggs and eat them too. 

By the way Susie and Kelley - I can see your minds coming up with ways to make this spicier - you could probably use something stronger than the green chilies.

Remember, you want to try and find whole cheeses as much as possible for P10 recipes.  Do your best with what you can find at your local stores.


Chile Cheese Quiche
serves 4-6

8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
5 eggs, beaten
2 cups cottage cheese
4 oz can diced green chilies, drained
Diced ham (optional)

Mix all ingredients, pour into an 8x8 casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

Serve with a side of fruit.

3 comments:

  1. Joley, you know me so well...you know I was thinking that very thing....spice it up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so good! I have been making this dish the past couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this recently and it was great. A nice change up for breakfast, and served with fruit like suggested was perfect. Also, since it makes 4 servings, you'll have leftovers for later in the week. I was thinking about maybe adding in some chopped broccoli and onions the next time I make it, or any other veggies I may have around. Very good!

    ReplyDelete