Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Grilled Portobello Pizza


Okay P10 peeps - I gotta confession to make...

I'm wearing myself out trying to keep up with work, home and blogging every day.  Most bloggers only post once a week but I know we need all the ideas and encouragement we can get.  So I'm not complaining, mind you, just sharing.  I'd like to share some of your recipes here on the blog (and give you credit, of course).  My only issue is that it has to be something you've made and tried. 

I don't get a chance to experiment much, which is why you see a lot of recipes on this blog that I got from other places - in case you haven't ever seen them yourself.  I hope you still love me in spite of that! 

Another reason I'd like to be able to share your recipes is that we all have different tastes, and I'm pretty conventional...for instance, you can see that spicy isn't my thing but it might be yours so I don't want to hold you guys back from trying stuff that I wouldn't normally make.  So please feel free to send me some of your P10 recipes that you'd like to share.  You can email them to me at p10eats(at)aol(dot)com or message me on the Facebook page.  Please take a picture if you can!

Today's recipe is courtesy of Cindy Elder - she is an experimenting machine!  She's always throwing stuff together and coming up with neat ideas.  I LOVE this one!  And like she says, you can change it up any way you'd like and come up with your own version of...


Grilled Portobello Pizza
makes 1 serving
recipe courtesy of Cindy Elder

Cindy - I'm not very good at giving an exact recipe, since living overseas has taught me to do this/do that until it works! 
Try this pizza different ways - Asian, Italian, Mexican, curry, chicken...endless possibilities. Like the potato topper phase years ago!

1 portabella mushroom
1 cup assorted veggies, chopped
1/2 tablespoon butter
Garlic powder or other seasonings
1 tablespoon cheese, grated
Wash mushroom and remove stem. Put in the oven under the broiler, at high (but not highest) heat, and let it cook on both sides.

Meanwhile, sauté veggies in butter, (to your taste; I used red onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and later added chopped tomato) seasoned as you'd like (I used garlic powder) for about 5-6 minutes.

Remove mushroom from oven, turn upside down, carefully spoon veggies on top (inside the cap); return to oven and heat for another 5 minutes or so.

Add grated cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment