Monday, August 6, 2012

Fasting

Now y’all know about and some of you have tried the whey protein fasts that The Perfect 10 Diet book talks about.  The book also mentions fasting as in real 'not-eating-anything' fasting.  I’d heard many people talking about how they tried it and how they went about it so I thought I’d give it a shot.

I found this great resource that it would behoove you to read before you get started:

Breaking it up like this between the days makes it seem easier because you’re still eating each day-just not the whole day-make sense?  I never felt like I was starving or deprived.  Always make sure and drink plenty of water!

Day 1 –

Breakfast – eggs with spinach and cream cheese, 1/2 avocado and coffee w/half & half

Lunch – salad with grilled chicken and grapes

No dinner

Exercised – 2 mile walk @ 2.8 mph

Slept like a rock, felt great


Day 2 –

Breakfast –coffee w/half & half (just to take meds)

Exercised – 2 mile walk @ 3.0 mph

No lunch

Drank water and had a couple cups of hot green tea (‘cause I was cold)

I didn’t feel starved or crazed, I had energy

Dinner – spinach salad with shrimp


I lost 2.6 pounds during this 24 hour fast.

You know your body better than I do so if you’re going to do this, proceed with caution and LISTEN to your body.  We are all grown people making our own decisions so if the fasting is not a good fit for you don’t force it.  Remember, I’m not a doctor, I’m just a bossy big sister giving you advice whether you like it or not.  If you have medical issues, ask your doctor before you do this.

Anyway, that’s what worked for me and I wanted to remind you that you are not finished – you’re only just beginning. Take care everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have beening reading up on the whole fastng (no food) from that website....kinda scared to try it...I have a very physical job...(manual labor....I was too busy having fun to go to school now look at me...)....but I guess I can always take a lunch with me if it gets to be too much.....I so want to make Kelley the best Kelley she can be....thanks big sister....even though I am probably older than you...:)

    ReplyDelete