Monday, August 27, 2012

Parmesan Onion Rings

Well, the recipe SAID this was supposed to be onion rings but it was more like an onion saute.  I'm not having much luck lately getting certain dishes to hold together, like Cabbage Hashbrowns and Brussels Sprout Steaks - but you know what?  It was still good and we enjoyed it.  So, don't beat yourself up if something doesn't turn out perfect...no use crying over imperfect onions...okay, I did cry but only when I was cutting it up.

The only Parmesan I had on hand was shredded so maybe it didn't stick like it should have but it did make nummy chunks of cheese amongst the savory onions, so it was all good.


Parmesan Onion Rings
makes 2 large or 4 small servings

1 medium white onion, sliced into rings
2 cloves minced garlic, pressed
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt to taste

In a skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the butter, add the garlic and sauté for a minute or so, then add onion rings and sauté until crisp.

On a plate, spread out Parmesan.  Transfer the cooked onion rings to the plate and shake to coat with cheese.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if it would work better if the onions were "breaded" with the parmesan and then baked at like 400? I might give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that in the past and it works pretty well.

    ReplyDelete