Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Easy Garlic Creamed Spinach

Creamed spinach is one of my favorite dishes.  I found this really easy recipe and knew I needed to try it soon.  I served it with Sesame Crusted Salmon, which will be posted separately.

As we ate it, we felt it was missing a little something, and Bubba decided it needed some nutmeg, so I added that.  I also think you should use as much cheese as you would like until it's as creamy as you want.  I made half of this recipe and as you can see, it doesn't look too creamy but it tasted good.


Easy Garlic Creamed Spinach
serves 6

Two 10-oz boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained*
   or two 10-oz bags tripled washed fresh spinach, coarsely chopped

1 tablespoon butter

5.2 oz package of creamy garlic herb cheese, like Boursin or Alouette


1/2 teaspoon nutmeg - less or more to your taste


Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet and add the spinach.  Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes – just enough time to barely wilt the fresh spinach or heat through the thawed spinach.

Spoon the cheese into the skillet and stir until completely melted, stir in the nutmeg and serve.

1/2 cup = 1 veggie serving and 1/2 fat serving
*to really truly honestly and absolutely drain the thawed spinach, the best way I've found is to put it in a dishtowel (preferably a green one) and wring it out as hard as I can.

Print the recipe here: Easy Garlic Creamed Spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment