Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Single Gluten Free Burger Bun


The top half is the bottom bun and the
lower half is the top bun
 Let me tell you about my new favorite website with great recipes:  Free Coconut Recipes.  I found a lot of things on there that I can't wait to try, like breakfast muffins, desserts and smoothies.

When I saw this recipe I was head over heels, instantly.  It seemed to good to be true.  But it was even better than that.  And it was heavenly to have a sandwich again! 

This recipe makes 2 pieces, a top and a bottom bun.  I doubled this batch and made two sets so Bubba could have a turkey burger in his lunch and I used mine as sandwich bread and we both thought this was just great!  And it was very easy to make.

I only had coarse ground almond flour so mine looks a little coarser than yours might.



Single Gluten Free Burger Bun

Servings: 1
Preparation Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients for one single bun:
1 egg 

1 tablespoon coconut flour 
1 tablespoon blanched almond flour 
1 tablespoon coconut oil (olive oil or melted butter) 
Pinch salt 
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Optional:
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast 

1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Add all ingredients and blend together using a hand blender or small food processor. Let the batter settle for a few minutes to thicken (important!).

Split the mixture into two and spoon onto oiled parchment paper to make two 3-inch diameter pools of batter. Top with additional seeds if desired.

Bake for 10 minutes.

Use each piece as top and bottom of a burger bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment