1 piece = 1 protein serving, pre-fried would also be about 1 1/2 fat and oven baked would be 1/2 fat servings (I’m totally guessing on this though)
Oven Fried Chicken
|This is the pre-fried version|
2 large eggs
1 cup almond flour (the soft powdery kind, not the coarse grain kind, I like Bob’s Red Mill)
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
2 pounds chicken- thighs, drumsticks, breasts
1. Heat oil in large frying pan to 350F (med-high) and preheat oven to 400F
2. Whisk eggs in medium sized dish.
4. Pat the chicken down with a couple of paper towels to get all the moisture off and then dip chicken in the eggs, then coat/cover chicken in dry mixture.
5. Place chicken in hot oil. Allow both sides to brown (about 2 minutes each side).
6. Place drying rack on sheet pan and assemble chicken on the rack so there is space between all pieces.
7. Put chicken in oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove and serve.
|These are the oven baked pieces I did|
Oven Baked Version:
Skip step 5.
Before baking in oven, drizzle each piece lightly with olive oil.
COOK for 45 minutes for bone-in chicken and 20 minutes for boneless.
Test for doneness, chicken needs to be about 160 degrees to be done.